Breakfast Berry Smoothie Bowl

Tuesday 16 September 2014



I am a huge foodie and breakfast is a must for me. I love to start my day with something yummy and filling.  I follow a few different food Instagram's and I have always been a fan of the beautiful food created by Never Quite Full. This week I was lucky enough to create this smoothie bowl with her! This recipe is one of my favourites because it is incredibly easy to make, it's healthy and it also looks great.





In a blender mix

  • 2 frozen bananas cut up
  • 1 1/2 cups of frozen mixed berries
  • 2 cups of milk 
  • 1 heaped table spoon of raw organic maca powder 

On the top
  • Strawberries
  • Banana
  • Byron Bay Macadamia Muesli
  • Chia seeds
  • Shredded coconut



A few little side notes
I like to use frozen fruit to make the smoothie nice and cold and by freezing the fruit it lasts longer.
For this smoothie bowl I used soy milk but any kind of milk will work for this recipe, it is totally up to your own preferences.
I used a toasted muesli to add richness and this muesli also has almond, fig and pear in it, which adds even more flavour to the smoothie bowl. Lastly, maca powder isn't for everyone. I like to put it in my smoothie as it is packed with vitamins, minerals, enzymes and all the essential amino acids. However, it is a bit controversial so look it up before you use it. 



What do you love for breakfast? Check out Never Quite Full for more great food inspiration! 
Also, follow me on bloglovin' to keep updated with my latest posts :)

- C
  1. This looks amazing! Gorgeous photo, can't wait to give the recipe a try ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! Hope you love it as much as I do :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Your smoothie recipe sounds (and looks) delicious! I'm always looking for new smoothie recipes, so I will definitely have to give this one a try :)

    p.s. I love the minimalistic yet bold layout of your blog!
    xx
    Lilli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lili! I just changed the layout recently, so I am glad you like it :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I've not heard of a Smoothie bowl before.. now it's all i want to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I felt when I saw one on Instagram Lauren!
      xx

      Delete
  4. My breakfasts are never instagram-worthy. This looks like a great, and delicious start to the day!

    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually neither is mine Rebecca! This is all thanks to the inspiration from Never Quite Full :) xx

      Delete
  5. I've been after some quick breakfast ideas since starting early mornings at work so this will be fab! Photos make it look so appealing! xx

    Viva Epernay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah and it is so quick to make!
      xx

      Delete
  6. It looks so yummy! Thanks for checking out my blog. I love yours!

    Sugar Sweet Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I've been looking for new breakfast ideas but never heard of a smoothie bowl before?! This looks delicious.

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Emily. I hadn't heard of it before I saw one on Instagram!
      They are so yummy :)
      xx

      Delete
  8. YUM!!

    http://life15juicy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks yum!!!

    you have a lovely blog here and i love your design

    if you have a secound would be great to see you over on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a loveey day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade! I will check out your blog now :)
      xx

      Delete
  10. Great job on this entry! I love your photo and the recipe. Have an awesome day!


    Kenny,
    WHATKENNYHEARTS.COM
    INSTAGRAM @kennydaily / BLOGLOVIN / FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenny! You are always so lovely!!
      xxx

      Delete
  11. It sounds absolutely delicious! I have to make it once! Love your blog and I'll follow you back via GFC :)
    xx
    Mia


    http://ssenescence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find the link so I just followed zou on Google + :)

      Delete
  12. Oh My Gosh! That looks super yummy!! :D

    http://yourbubblybutterfly.blogspot.ae

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love smoothies and that looks/sounds DELICIOUS! Love all the colours too and I love me some coconut flakes!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am glad you liked the post.
      xx

      Delete
  14. This looks so cool! And delicious
    Harriet
    Http://greeneyesandlongblondehair.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks delicious! breakfast is my favorite meal, so im always wanting new recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sienna, glad I could give you a new idea.
      xx

      Delete
  16. that looks yummy! thank you for sharing :)

    ps: followed you on bloglovin and on gfc.. i hope you can follow me back :)

    xx Janelle
    Styles & Prints

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog :) I have followed you back.
      xx

      Delete
  17. Oh wow that looks sooo yummy, would be my perfect breakfast! Loved the post!

    much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina :) Glad you liked the post xx

      Delete
  18. This is such a nice post!
    xx
    Antonella :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous! Must try this tomorrow morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks so good, definitely have to make this myself x

    ReplyDelete
  21. That. Looks. Delicious. I have no words.

    Emily | Lynde AVenue

    ReplyDelete

Back To Top